- Cut leek, carrot, celery (whatever amounts you have), into small slices.
- Saute them in butter.
- Add water, bring to a boil, add broccoli and/or cauliflower florets.
- Add cubed potato and boullion.
- Stir in rue (pre-prepared in separate pan).
- Cook until potatoes are tender.
- Add herbs (basil, parsley, minced garlic and lovage are great.)
-Lastly, salt as needed.
-1 cup small carrots, cut into small pieces lengthwise.
-2 cups fresh green beans, cut into chunks
-1/4 cup radishes
-1/4 cup chopped spring onion
dressing for salad
-2 TBSP lemon juice
-2 1/2 tsp olive oil
-1 tsp sugar
-1 tsp dijon mustard
-1 clove minced garlic
-1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1 1/2 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
1. In a small saucepan, cook carrots in a small amount of boiling water for 4 minutes. Add the beans; cook 4 minutes more, or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Drain; cool down in ice water. Drain and pat dry. Place in a large bowl. Add radishes and onion.
2. In a small bowl, whisk lemon, oil, sugar, mustard, garlic, salt and cumin. Pour over bean mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
We double the recipe. This amount flies if you have any good eaters in the group.
-4 ears fresh corn
-1 Lg egg, beaten
3 TBSP flour
3 TBSP fine cornmeal
2 TBSP heavy cream
2 shallots, minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup veg oil for cooking, or more
*Cut the kernels off 2 ears, drawing a knife downwards, close to the cob.
*Take the other 2 ears and grate them to release their milky sweetness.
*Stir in remaining ingred except oil.
*Heat oil in 12" skillet over med flame.
*Drop in heaping TBSPs. Cook about 1 minute per side.
*Eat with sour cream or another tangy sauce.
I'll wager you be glad you tried them.
|it's no fritter, but she doesn't mind|