Thanks for sharing this recipe, Carolyn.
Garlicky Roasted Beet Salad
I've fallen in love with this salad. My comments afterwards.
- 2 pounds of boiled or roasted beets(red or yellow), with skins removed and sliced (or 2 cans of sliced beets, drained)
- 2 -3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar
- sea salt (optional)
- fresh ground pepper (optional)
Combine beets, garlic, oil, and vinegar in a bowl and toss. Add salt and pepper to taste, and refrigerate covered for several hours before serving.
- Try this salad with a dollop of thick yogurt on top or on the side. It's delicious!
- I prefer this salad well seasoned with salt and pepper but it tastes delicious even without.
- The proportions of beets/garlic can be approximate, of course. Don't stress over amounts. I often add an additional clove or two of garlic anyway!
- It is a must to marinate the salad. Marinating overnight is great.
- I often cook up a large batch of beets, peel them and put them in the refrigerator to use as needed. Then any night I want a beet salad, the beets are ready, which saves a lot of time.