our website has moved! Check us out now at: www.littlegrasse.com

11.11.2013

Pumkin bread or muffin recipe

Thanks to Jenny Townsend for this tasty recipe.

Pumpkin Bread with Chocolate Chips 
     Original recipe from Runner's World (my adaptations below)

3 1/2 cups flour
3 cups sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg

1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
 4 eggs
1 cup oil
2/3 cups water
2 cups pumpkin puree

1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Combine dry ingredients (except for chips) in large mixing bowl
3. Slightly beat the eggs with a whisk in smaller bowl.  Add remaining wet ingredients, stir well. 

4. Combine with dry ingredients- do not over-mix
5. Fold in chips.
6. Bake in 2 bread pans or as muffins
7. 50-60 minutes for bread, 25 minutes for muffins

Jenny's notes- to make this a healthier recipe, I usually do 2 cups unbleached all-purpose white flour and 1 1/2 cups wheat flour.  I also usually do 1/2 cup of applesauce and 1/2 cup oil (sometimes more applesauce and less oil).  I also reduce sugar to 2 cups instead of 3 cups.  Sometimes I reduce the chips to 1 cup.  I use big chips when I make muffins, smaller chips for bread.

Do folks have any other favorite fall recipes? 
Pass them along and we'll share them.

No comments:

Post a Comment