our website has moved! Check us out now at: www.littlegrasse.com

3.06.2015

Carrot Jam

  
We have an abundance of carrots left in the root cellar. Since it is more than we will use fresh, my wheels were turning about ways to put them up. We already made a bunch of pickles in the fall. I looked into possible jam recipes and came up with several variations. Although veggie based-jams are more popular in other places, like England and Japan, I figured I'd give it a shot. I tried out a recipe that is designed to pair well with baked goods like scones as well as dollops on roasted meat or even in a vinaigrette. The ingredient list was tantalizing and included orange, ginger, coriander and more.

 I'm waiting yet for further flavor melding before trying it out. 
I'm hopeful it will be a new addition to our farm preservation repertoire.

No comments:

Post a Comment